Recipe "Mushroom appetizer in the Greek style":
- 700 grams of fresh mushrooms (white, aspen, chanterelles, morels)
- a handful of dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 g of natural yoghurt or katyk
- 6 tablespoons of "Extra virgin" olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- medium bunch of parsley
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or krasnosmorodinovogo
- 15 leaves of saffron
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
Number of servings
The complexity of cooking
Step by step recipe for cooking
1 cup boiling water, mix with salt, jam and brandy. Dried porcini mushrooms soak in this mixture for 30-40 minutes. Then remove finely chop (liquid does not pour!).
Fresh mushrooms clean, wash; large mushroomscut into quarters. Chop the garlic and parsley. Onions cut into half rings and fry in a deep frying pan over medium heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil until soft, 5-7 minutes.
Add to the skillet fresh mushrooms,prepared dry mushrooms, thyme leaves and chopped garlic. After 2 min. vsypte chopped parsley and liquid in which the soak dried mushrooms. Simmer over medium heat until the mushrooms are tender and most of liquid has evaporated, 25-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the saffron 1/2 tablespoons of boiling water for 10min. Then mix the yogurt with saffron "infusion" and the remaining olive oil. Add the mushrooms Remove from heat and stir. Serve hot or cold with fresh crusty bread.